1. Be fully knowledgeable about the sports game you wish to gamble and decide what betting type you would like to make. There are different types of bets for every sport game, and you have to choose which of these bet types will best suit the situation. The most common type of bet used by many bettors are the point spread, moneyline and totals. However, you can also do the proposition bet that allows you to make an exotic bet on coin tosses, yards passed, who will win the academy award, etc…, or opt for parlays and teasers bet, run line or so much more.
• Moneyline bet are also known as Straight bet. Here you will just need to place your bet on the team/ player that is more likely to win or lose the game.
• Point Spread bet or commonly known as Spread betting is a bet in which each team is rated according to how many points they should win or lose a game by. For instance a point spread of +8, would mean that in order for you to win your bet, the team you bet on require to win by 7 points or lose by less than 7 (which would appear as a win in the final tally).
• Total bet or the over/ under bet is a bet type where a bettor must predict if the total combined score of both teams will go over or under the points set by the oddsmaker.
2. Once you have determined which type of bet to make. You have then to decide how much amount of money you are willing to spend for your bet. Take some money management advice as it can help you be wise in placing moneey for your bet. Ideally, you can make a bet on sports game you are interested for about 2 to 5% of your total bankroll. For longshot bets your bankroll should be bigger and you will have bigger fluctuations.
3. Find a sportsbook where you can dnabet place your bet. With the advent of the internet, you will find betting process a lot easier and convenient now. Just make sure that you are placing your hard earn cash with a reliable site.
4. Being educated about the sports game, players or team is very important. However, hearing advice from an expert handicapper could also help you increase your chances of getting higher winnings.